1. Collected Information and Data Collection MethodsIn this section, we explain what personal information we collect through our products and services and how we utilize this information.
When you utilize ADATA products and services (e.g., ADATA official website(s), customer support services etc.), we may collect personal information provided by you in the usage of these products and services. What follows is a detailed description of the different types of personal information collected and reasons for collection through various ADATA products and services. Please rest assure that your personal information is solely collected for clearly specified purposes relating to your actual usage of ADATA products and services. In addition, we may collect anonymous data that doesn’t allow the identification of your identity when you use ADATA products and services. When you use ADATA products and services, you are free to refuse our requests for the provision of your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide the requested personal information, we are limited in our ability to provide complete products and services, or answers to your questions.
1.1 Personal Information Collected by ADATAThe term “Personal Information” shall refer to information that directly or indirectly reveals your identity such as your name, e-mail address, and IP location. The collection of the following data by ADATA shall be subject to your express consent:
- If you wish to register for membership you must provide truthful, up-to-date, accurate, and complete registration data including your name, e-mail address, and country/region of residence; if you choose to register for membership via your Facebook account, Facebook may share your account information (e.g., e-mail, name, nickname, and birth date) with ADATA, subject to your approval. When you log into the ADATA Membership Center (the login path is as follows: http://www.adata.com/tw/support/login/ → Select “Product Registration” from the drop-down list titled “Support and Services” at the top of the page →Enter your ADATA member account name/password → Access ADATA Membership Center) you can choose to provide additional information in the “Personal Information” section (e.g., gender, birth date, contact phone, address). You may also choose to provide personal information (such as product categories, serial numbers, purchase dates, and purchase channels that allow identification of products) related to ADATA membership services (e.g. product registration, product data record queries, Acronis software information).
- When you purchase ADATA products (e.g., products purchased via the official ADATA shopping platform in Taiwan) or certain paid services, you are required to provide your name, postal address (including your zip code), phone number, e-mail address, and payment information. When you request customer support services (e.g., product maintenance), you may be required to provide product identification information (e.g., product serial number or product model numbers) in addition to the aforementioned data.
- If you wish to participate in our marketing activities or prize competitions, you may be required to provide your name, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, and product identification information (e.g., product serial number or product model number) in accordance with the activity type. If you win a prize in one of our competitions or wish to claim a free gift, you may be required to provide additional information such as your postal address (including your zip code) and information required for tax declaration (e.g., permanent address, ID/passport number, and copies thereof). If we offer you a rebate in the context of the aforementioned marketing activities, you may be required to provide your remittance information in addition to personal information provided for the aforementioned marketing activities or prize competitions.
- If you contact ADATA by phone (e.g., ADATA customer service hotline), e-mail, or filling out a contact form on the ADATA official website(s), we may record your calls or preserve a record of relevant communications or e-mail correspondence. In addition, our surveillance camera system may record your image if you personally visit one of our service points or offices. The aforementioned audio/video/correspondence records may contain your personal information.
1.2 Purpose of Personal Information UsagePersonal information collected by ADATA may be utilized for the following purposes:
- Improvement and enhancement of ADATA products and services.
- User experience surveys and analysis for the development and assessment of new ADATA products, services, and functions.
- Completion of ADATA membership account creation and insight into customers' experiences with ADATA membership services (e.g., product registration and Acronis software information).
- Delivery services for products and services purchased from ADATA (including purchase certificates and invoices), product software upgrades, and product and service update notices.
- Subscription to marketing information related to these services including ADATA news, special offers and discounts, marketing and promotion activities. Please note that you can cancel subscriptions at any time.
- Delivery of important notices related to your rights and interests such as applicable ADATA product and service terms and conditions and major policy changes. Please note that you cannot cancel the delivery of these notices to safeguard your rights and interests.
- If you participate in our marketing activities or prize competitions, we take out insurance to cover matters pertaining to confirmation of your eligibility to participate in relevant activities, notification of activity updates and gift/award notices, provision of rebates, tax declarations, and shuttle services for activities.
- When you contact ADATA or personally visit ADATA service points or offices, we collect your personal information and audio/video/correspondence records to gain the ability to provide you with support services (e.g., maintenance services and responses to your inquiries and queries), offer customer care, conduct satisfaction surveys, solicit opinions and feedback, safeguard your rights and interests, and guarantee the safety of personnel during entry/exit.
- Personalized marketing such as the provision of marketing and promotional content via third-party commercial cookies based on your personal preferences and recommendation of suitable service contents in accordance with your product and service mode records.
- Any other purposes expressly approved by you.
1.3 Collection and Usage of Anonymous Data by ADATAThe term “anonymous data” shall refer to data that doesn't allow the direct or indirect identification of your identity. This shall include product model numbers, software versions, invoice dates etc. When you use ADATA products and services, we may collect the following anonymous data for different purposes through said products and services. If anonymous data listed below is linked to the aforementioned personal data, we will view such data as personal data and protect it accordingly:
- When you use ADATA products and services, we may collect data generated by the application software in your product or service as well as your software usage behavior and interaction modes. This shall include application and software names and versions, installation/uninstallation time, login/logout frequency and times, usage frequency and times, launch and shutdown frequency and times, preferred application and software categories, usage habit setup, updated versions and results of applications and software.
- When you request customer support services (e.g., product maintenance) or participate in our marketing activities, you may be required to provide product purchase information (e.g., invoice and purchase dates or store name).
2. Personal Information Retention PeriodThis section explains how long ADATA retains your personal information.
We will retain your personal information until the purpose(s) specified in this policy has been achieved. Retention periods may be extended if one of the following statutory or mandatory conditions exists: preservation of personal information within appropriate and reasonable periods for customer relations management or to ensure compliance with tax laws or other relevant laws and regulations (pursuant to legally prescribed data retention periods) or meet the requirements of investigations or litigation conducted by government entities or judicial agencies. If you initially agreed that ADATA may collect your personal data but wish to withdraw your consent later, we will discontinue the collection of your personal information after you withdraw your consent. We will, however, retain previously collected personal information.
3. Recipients of Your Personal InformationIn this section, we explain the sharing of your personal information with third parties under specific circumstances and within a limited scope.
ADATA will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless one of the following conditions exists:
3.1 Obtaining Your Express Consent
The disclosure and sharing of your personal information with third parties is subject to your express consent.
3.2 Disclosure to Partners
We compile and organize your personal information and convert it into irreversible statistical data that does not allow identification of your identity before disclosing it to our partners, including providers of marketing and promotional content based on your personal preferences (e.g., third-party providers of commercial cookies).
3.3 Service Providers
We also disclose and share your personal information with our service providers as deemed necessary within the purpose and scope defined in this policy to facilitate their provision of services to you. This includes marketing firms that assist in the delivery of marketing materials and the organization of marketing activities, freight companies that transport your purchased or maintained products, financial service providers that handle payments, and customer support service providers (e.g., ADATA customer service hotlines, ADATA online customer service, and ADATA product maintenance services). These service providers utilize your personal information according to our directions and within the purpose and scope defined in this policy. We also ensure that these providers strictly abide by this policy.
3.4 Legal or Protective PurposesWhere one of the following legal compliance or security purpose related conditions exists, we will disclose or share your personal information with third parties as deemed necessary:
- Legal compliance, requirements of competent authorities or judicial units, security law related petitions or pleas, prevention of fraud, or investigation of other types of illegal behavior.
- Protection of the rights, property, and safety of ADATA, our service providers, users, or the general public within the legally allowed scope.
4. Cross-Border TransmissionThis section describes the transmission of your personal information to other countries pursuant to the regulations set forth in personal information related laws of said countries.
You fully understand and agree that your personal information may be stored, processed, utilized, or transmitted between our affiliates in different countries (including non-EU) or service providers when you utilize ADATA products and services or provide us with your personal information. The aforementioned cross-border transmission, storage, processing, and usage shall be in compliance with this policy and privacy and personal information security related legal requirements of respective countries.
5. Cookies and Similar TechnologiesThis section describes how ADATA utilizes cookies and how you can manage your cookie settings.
Every time you visit ADATA website(s), we automatically collect certain types of information that do not allow identification of your identity. We may utilize cookies, tags, server records, and other technologies to acquire or store this information. We collect this anonymous data to gain a better understanding of ADATA website usage conditions and improve the overall quality of website usage experiences.
5.1 Definition of the Term “Cookies”
A cookie is a small snippet of information that is utilized for storage of information on a web browser. Cookies are widely used for storage and receipt of identification codes and other information on computers, smartphones, and other devices. We also use other technologies (including data stored on your web browser or device and identification code linked to your device) and software (including Web indicators and pixel labeling) for similar purposes. In this Cookie declaration, we refer to all these technologies as “cookies”.
5.2 Cookie TypesWe utilize cookies for the provision, protection, and improvement of our products and services through the provision of personalized content, provision and assessment of advertisement, a better understanding of user behavior, and provision of safer user experiences. In the following paragraphs we describe different types of cookies we use for different purposes. Please note that we may use different cookies based on specific websites and services you use.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are required for the browsing of our website(s) and usage of our services as well as the activation of necessary functions such as shopping cart or product software application functions. If these cookies are disabled, we are unable to satisfy your requests.
- Performance and functional cookies: These cookies collect information on how you use our website(s) and services and allow us to remember your browsing selections. The information collected by these cookies allows us to optimize our website(s) and make it more user-friendly. It will not be used to identify you. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions of our website(s), applications, or services and our ability to provide you with support or information may be affected.
- Analytic and self-defined cookies: These cookies compile information used by us in summary forms and give us a better understanding of the effectiveness of our marketing activities and of how users use our website(s), applications, and services, which helps us customize our website(s). If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions of our website(s), applications, or services and our ability to provide you with support or information may be affected.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information on your browsing and shopping history, which is utilized to provide you with personalized advertisements. These cookies have the following functions: Prevention of repetition of the same advertisements, guarantee of accurate display, and selection of advertisements based on your interests (under certain circumstances). We may share this information with third parties to facilitate the creation and provision of personalized advertisements based on your interests. If you disable or opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions of our website(s), applications, or services and our ability to provide you with support or information may be affected.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are utilized to share pages and content of our website(s) and services via third-party social networks and other websites. These cookies may be utilized for advertising purposes.
5.3 Cookies Placed by Third Parties
5.4 Management of Cookie Settings
- Please note that you can manage your cookie settings via your browser in accordance with your personal preferences. You can freely choose to decline all or part of the cookies (e.g., third-party cookies) in your settings, delete cookie records stored in your browser, or configure other settings.
- When you browse ADATA website(s) for the first time in certain countries, we display a brief statement regarding cookies in the top banner of these websites. You can freely choose in said banner whether you wish to accept or decline the aforementioned third-party cookies.
- If you choose to decline cookies in your settings, we may be unable to provide all functions of our ADATA products and services.
- The cookie function settings of your browser may vary based on different browser types and versions installed on your product. Below we list the most popular browser types. Please click the links provided below to gain a better understanding of how to manage cookie settings via these browsers (the following links point to Chinese-language websites; please select the desired display language from the language menu of these websites). If you do not use any of the following browsers or web contents have been removed, please visit the technical support page or privacy statement page of the provider of the browser installed on your product to obtain more information. You may also log onto https://www.aboutcookies.org/ (contents are in English) to gain a clear understanding of how to manage cookie settings in various browsers.
- Clearing, activation, and management of cookies in Google Chrome:
- Clearing, activation, and management of cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Clearing, activation, and management of cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- Clearing, activation, and management of cookies in Apple Safari:
6. Third-Party Links and ServicesThis section describes third-party links and services embedded in ADATA products and services. For more information on the collection of this personal information by these third parties, please refer to the links and privacy statements of these third parties.
Please be advised that ADATA is in no way involved in the collection of your personal information by third parties when you use links to other website provided in ADATA products and services or third-party services (hereinafter referred to as “Third Parties”). Please take note that when you leave ADATA products and services, do carefully read and understand applicable third-party privacy policies. Be advised that this policy is only applicable to ADATA products and services.
7. Security Measures for ADATA Products and ServicesThis section describes how we protect your personal information and provide suggestions on how you can protect such information.
We adopt adequate technologies and organized information security protection measures covering the collection, storage, and processing of personal information as well as internal reviews of actual measures to prevent theft, tampering, leakage, or damage as well as hacking of ADATA systems used for the storage of your personal information. We utilize secure Internet connections for the transmission of data to our affiliates in other countries. The personal information that you provide is fully protected both in online and offline mode. We are however unable to guarantee the safety of the overall Internet environment. We therefore suggest the following measures to safeguard your rights and interests:
7.1 Actions for Protecting Your ADATA Member Account
- When you create your account, create a strong password by using a combination of letters and numbers.
- For the sake of security, you should always use your own account and password for login. You are personally responsible for the confidentiality of your ADATA member account password, user name and any actions associated with your account.
- You should change your password on a regular basis to prevent unauthorized access, usage, or data deletion.
- If you notice that your ADATA member account password has been compromised, you should contact us immediately. We will instantly suspend or terminate your ADATA account password permission (or any part thereof) and remove your ADATA membership data.
7.2 Updating Your Anti-Virus Software
You should also update your anti-virus software on a regular basis and utilize virus or spyware scanning software to guarantee the security of your personal information.
7.3 Contact Us Immediately
If you detect or become aware of any technical vulnerabilities that may damage our products or services, you should contact us immediately by e-mail at email@example.com
8. How to Manage Your Account
In this section, we describe what you can do if you have any questions or requests regarding your personal information. You can log into the ADATA Membership Center or refer to relevant functions and descriptions of ADATA products and services that you use. You can also contact us via the Consumer Personal Information Application interface on our official website or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.1 ADATA Member Account：
- Please provide truthful, accurate, up-to-date, and complete information to enable us to provide you with corresponding products and services.
- You may access the ADATA Membership Center at any time to update, modify, or view your ADATA member information.
- If you wish to subscribe or cancel your subscription to our newsletter, you may change your settings in the ADATA Membership Center at any time. If you choose to cancel your subscription, be advised that this setting will become effective within approximately two business days.
8.2 Cookie Configuration (please refer to item 5.4 “Management of Cookie Settings” in Article 5 “Cookies and Similar Technologies” regarding this policy)：
- You may choose to decline all or some of the cookies (e.g., third-party cookies) in your settings, delete cookie records stored in your browser, or configure other settings via your browser at any time.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional content via third-party commercial cookies, you may decline cookie use or delete third-party cookie records via your browser.
8.3 Contact ADATA to Manage Provided Personal Information
If you wish to update, access, delete, view, download, or reject our use of part or all of your ADATA member information or other personal information you have provided (for instance, you feel that we have collected or used your information in an inappropriate manner) or restrict our use of such information (for instance, you would prefer we not use your personal information for analysis purposes), you may contact us via the Consumer Personal Information Application interface on our official website or by e-mail at email@example.com. If you initially agreed that ADATA may collect your personal data but wish to withdraw this consent later, you may change the relevant setting in ADATA products or services at any time (please refer to item 8.2 above) or notify us of the withdrawal of your consent. We will discontinue the collection of your personal information and only retain data collected prior to your withdrawal of your consent.
8.4 [Please note] ExceptionsWe are firmly committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information and protecting your personal information from malice or other relevant incidents. However, if one of the following conditions exists, we are unable to guarantee our ability to satisfy the aforementioned needs:
- Data retention within the legally allowed scope.
- Data retention required to guarantee proper service provision.
- Relevant needs require excessive use of resources or technical support beyond a reasonable scope (for instance, needs that can only be met through development and establishment of new systems or modification of current service provision modes).
- Risk of impairing the privacy of others.
9. Privacy Rights of MinorsThis section describes how we protect the privacy rights of minors If you are a minor, you will need your parents’ (or legal guardian’s) consent before providing us with your personal information. If your parents (or legal guardian) wish to manage your personal information, they may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We refrain from collecting personal information of users under 20 years of age or minors as defined by relevant local laws or regulations if we are aware that they are minors without the express consent of their parents (or legal guardian). We suggest that parents (or legal guardians) accompany said minors when they use ADATA products and services. If you are a minor, please seek your parents’ (or legal guardian’s) consent. You may not provide us with your personal information until we have confirmed that you have your parents’ (or legal guardian’s) consent. Your parents (or legal guardian) may withdraw their consent at any time and contact us by e-mail at email@example.com to update, access, delete, view, download, or reject our use of part or all of your ADATA member information or other personal information you have provided (for instance, they believe that we have collected or used your information in an inappropriate manner) or restrict our use of such information (for instance, they do not want us to use your personal information for analysis purposes).
10. Special or sensitive personal informationThis section describes the collection and processing of sensitive personal information.
We will not request and ask you to refrain from providing special or sensitive personal information to ADATA such as information pertaining to medical records, medical treatment, political, religious, and philosophical beliefs, race, association membership, sexual orientation, sexual activity, criminal records, or genes.
11. Changes to This PolicyThis section describes suggested actions with regard to issues that may arise out of changes to this policy.
We revise and amend this policy as deemed necessary. We therefore suggest that you frequently browse this policy. Your continued use of ADATA products or services after revisions and amendments of this policy shall be viewed as acceptance of the revised policy. In case of major changes to this policy, we will make an official announcement on the service webpage or notify users by e-mail. The date of the last update of this policy is listed at the bottom of the policy webpage.
12. Contact UsThis section provides our contact information for inquiries on issues or matters pertaining to this policy.
If you have any suggestions, questions, feedback, or reservations about this policy or you believe that we have violated it, feel free to contact us at any time. If you feel that we are unable to resolve disputes involving your personal information, you are entitled to file a grievance with the competent authority in charge of personal information in your country of residence at any time.
ADATA Technology Co., Ltd.
Address: 2F., No.256, Liancheng Rd., Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City 235, Taiwan