This warranty is solely and entirely applicable to all ADATA-branded products and the original purchaser of the product (only to the extent of those mentioned in Article 1 hereof; hereinafter referred to as “Products”), and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether in oral or written, between you and ADATA.
1. Applicable Products and Terms of Warranty * Exception of warranty
|1 Year Warranty||2 Year Warranty||3 Year Warranty||5 Year Warranty||Lifetime Warranty|
AI720 / AI920
USB Flash Drives
S102 Pro / UE700 / UE700 Pro
Cables and Accessories
● Solid State Drives Applicable Products and Terms of Warranty
|3-year Warranty||5-year Warranty||6-year Warranty|
|SU750||SU650NS38||SX8200 Pro||SX6000 Lite||S40G|
Note 1 : The SSD is based on the TBW or Warranty period.
Note 2 : The warranty conditions for External SSDs / Memory Cards do not cover the following usage scenarios :
A. Video monitoring
D. IP cameras
E. In-car recording
F. Continuous recording setup boxes
G. Continuous data logging devices like servers
Note 3 : ADATA reserves the right to determine which products are eligible for repair.
1.1 DRAM Modules / Memory Cards / Card Readers :
ADATA DRAM Modules / Memory Cards / Card Readers are all covered by a lifetime warranty commencing from the purchase date.
(1) Card Readers: USB-C OTG Readers covered by a 1-year warranty; AI910 Lightning Reader covered by a 2-year warranty.
(2) High Endurance microSDXC/SDHC UHS-I memory card warranty period : Limited 2-year ( Based on total continuous recording hours or warranty period. )
(3) ADATA memory modules that come installed inside PCs, printers, or other devices will follow the warranty terms of the host device (ADATA is not responsible for honoring warranties of non-ADATA products and therefore not obliged to repair them.
1.2 USB Flash Drive :
All ADATA USB flash drives purchased before (inclusive) December 31, 2018 are backed by a lifetime warranty; starting from January 1, 2019, all ADATA USB flash drives purchased will come with a 5-year warranty. From the date of purchase and during the warranty period, any product damaged as a result of natural factors will be offered maintenance services free of charge.
(1) S102 Pro / UE700 / UE700 Pro are backed by a lifetime warranty.
(2) AI720 and AI920 : Both are backed by a 2-year warranty.
1.3 External Storage :
ADATA external HDD and external SSD are covered by a 3-year warranty commencing from the purchase date.
1.4 Solid State Drives :
ADATA SSD are covered by a 5-year limited warranty commencing from the purchase date. (SP920 purchased after October 1st 2015 covered by 5-year limited warranty.)
(1) SU800 / SU750 / SU700 / SU650 / SU630 / SU800NS38 / SU650NS38 / SP580 covered by a 3-year limited warranty.
(2) As of 2019.07.01, the limited warranty period for the SU630 and SX6000 Lite has been extended to 3-year and 5-year respectively. Products purchased on/before 2019.06.30 will retain the original warranty periods. (SU630 : 2-year, SX6000 Lite : 3-year ).
(3) SX950 covered by a 6-year limited warranty.
1.5 Power Supply :
ADATA Power Supply is covered by a 3-year warranty commencing from the purchase date.
1.6 Gaming Audio :
XPG Gaming Audio is covered by a 2-year warranty commencing from the purchase date.
1.7 Wireless Products, Chargers, Cables and Accessories, Power Banks and Gaming Accessories :
ADATA Wireless Products, Chargers, Power Banks, Cables and Accessories and XPG Gaming Accessories are covered by a 1-year warranty commencing from the purchase date.
In the event that a law or regulation of a particular country/region requires a warranty with specific terms for Products, ADATA shall, in such country/region, provide warranty services to those local consumers in accordance with such law or regulation.
2. Warranty Service
2.1 Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, ADATA provides, without any charges or fees, replacement or repair services to our customers for defective Products within the applicable warranty term (hereinafter referred to as “Warranty Service”). The warranty term commences from the original purchase day. If Warranty Service is needed, any documentation which is able to prove the original purchase day should be provided. If the original purchase day cannot be determined, the commencement of the warranty term will be determined by ADATA according to the Product serial number.
2.2 Please contact the local reseller where the purchase was made for help. Or you may, at your option, make a Warranty Service Request on ADATA’s RMA service webpage. Through your request on the webpage, ADATA will provide Warranty Service from ADATA headquarter. In this case, the cost of transportation and relevant insurance for the delivery of the Product to ADATA shall be borne by you, and ADATA shall cover the cost of all other transportation and relevant insurance when returning the Product back to you after Warranty Service completion.
2.3 Please note that:
(1) ADATA may replace the defective Product with a spare product from stock as in lieu of repairing the Product, and after replacement, ADATA may at its sole option dispose of defective Products. Therefore, in this case, the repaired Products you receive may not be the original Products you sent for Warranty Service, and the original Product will not be returned back to you as well.
(2) In the event that production of the Product has been discontinued or factory repair service is no longer provided, ADATA will, at its sole discretion, offer a substitute in equivalent level or class for such Product instead.
3. Scope of Warranty and Disclaimer
3.1 This warranty will not apply under these circumstances:
(1) Malfunctions or damage that is caused by natural disasters, accidents, acts of vandalism, and improper use (products not used in accordance with the product's description, product design, or as a fixture or for testing purposes, such as continous plugging and unplugging, etc.), improper installation (e.g. on equipment that is not compatible or not in compliance with the product's design, etc.), etc.)
(2) Products that hasve been damaged due to misuse, neglect, unauthorized disassembly, modifications, or alterations.
(3) Product damage caused by abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions or power problems such as insufficient voltage, excessive and unstable power supplies, or excessive charging of lithium batteries.
(4) Product serial number, barcode or label is inconsistent with the original or not visually identifiable to confirm the authenticity of the product, including having been modified, smeared, removed, damaged, lost.
(5) Products purchased through unauthorized distribution channels, second-hand retailers, or resale products that violate national import and export regulations.
(6) Compatibility issues not related to ADATA products
Exception of warranty
3.2 NEVER does this Warranty apply to the recovery or back-up on any digital data in the Product. ADATA does not guarantee the completeness of digital data stored in the Product during and after Warranty Service, and is not liable for any damages or losses of digital data stored in repaired Products. Furthermore, ADATA shall in no event be liable for, during the delivery of the Product, any damages to the Product and any losses of digital data stored in Products. Consequently, before sending the Product to ADATA for Warranty Service, if it is equipped with storage function, it is suggested that you make a back-up of your digital data from the Product and remove those digital data from the Product.
3.3 To the extent that applicable laws or regulations allow, in no event shall ADATA be liable, under this Warranty, for any losses of profit, anticipated savings and digital data, or indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages caused by Products.
3.4 ADATA manufactures consumer and business-class Products. Since Products are not designed for extreme precision technology or absolute safety applications, it is not recommended to apply the Products in life support machines or other emergency equipment, which may lead to personal injury or death if such equipment is defective or suffeers a breakdown, including but not limited to medical or medical-related equipment, military or military-related equipment, aircraft, traffic control equipment, disaster prevention systems, combustion control system, nuclear energy system, and so forth. ADATA shall not be liable for any personal injury or death, or any loss or damages to property arising from such kind of application mentioned above.
3.5 ADATA makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether expressly or impliedper the Products. In the event that any law or regulation of a particular country/region prohibits the exclusion of implied warranty (i.e. warranty of merchantability and fitness), the terms of ADATA’s implied warranty shall be subject to such laws/regulations or the Warranty term hereunder, whichever is shorter.